Because apparently I couldn't leave these guys alone. Anyway, these are my top ten picks for main characters, should I ever do this digimon fanfic; I think five at most would make it in as actual main characters, though the others would likely pop in here and there. I was toying with perspectives/action on this one, which is difficult, yet also much less frustrating attempting it now than a year ago. Hope that means I'm improving. ^_^ The two farthest down ended up a bit small, and a bit not as good due to that. But the others I'm pretty darn happy with.
Left to right, top to bottom:
1. Bufomon - Data attribute. Sort of toad-based, with attacks centering around poison. Originally going to be semi-aquatic with webbed feet, but I ended up deciding against that. He's got a bit more of a neck in this pic than he's supposed to. He'd likely be a pretty chill and easy-going digimon, hard to really rile up. Further digivolutions somewhat planned.
2. Seedmon - Virus attribute. The "plant" and the "monster" parts of it both share the same mind, with the consciousness migrating freely from one to the other when they're connected. If separated, the consciousness is stuck in whichever it was in. If it's in the main body, the plant is pretty much just stuck wherever it's left, though it can "flap" through the air with it's leaves at the consciousness's discretion with visual input to the main body all the while, making it ideal for scouting. If the consciousness is in the plant, then the body goes feral (as is occurring in this picture), attacking blindly. The plant cannot calm the body in this case, only direct it; it can still call it back to itself. The character would likely be a she, fairly spunky. No digivolutions planned, though they'd likely focus on the plant slowly taking over the body and becoming more pronounced. Or perhaps she could have branching digivolution...?
3. Diplodomon - likely Vaccine attribute. The helmet and spikes are made of rock, and would have some earth-based attacks. Don't really know what his character would be like, but perhaps someone very innocent and naive would be fun. Not sure yet; he's one of my newer designs, rather than one from this past summer. Digivolution slightly planned, at least to champion level.
4. Glimon (long 'i' sound) - not sure on attribute. Pretty self explanatory, would be a good flier even in its rookie stage. No real character yet, and not likely to be used as a central protagonist. No currently planned digivolutions.
5. Pteramon - Data attribute. Not sure on exact personality, but likely cheerful, peacemaker, not a fan of fighting. The "horn" on its head is actual a tuning fork; as such, it fights primarily with sound. Digivolutions through ultimate planned.
6. Kelpmon - Data attribute. Sort of based on seaweed. It started out as essentially Gomamon in terms of personality in my head, but I'm not entirely sure. Might be he or she, and perhaps not so playful, more serious... maybe. Or it might end up a Gomamon knock-off, because I love Gomamon. Champion evolution planned.
7. Eponamon - Vaccine attribute. And yes, its name is a blatant Zelda reference. Will probably be a he despite its source name. Very self-righteous and determined, and also quite large for a rookie digimon, being about the size of a pony. Currently ice-based idea, but might gain duality with fire. Also, it has a cutie mark, because MLP. <3 No digivolutions currently planned.
8. Torimon - Likely vaccine, maybe data. Definitely a she. The gems and booties she has are actually made of water, and she uses them to attack. Quite large for a rookie. She'd be a peacemaker when possible, but not at all averse to taking someone down a notch or two when they irk her enough. Despite having wings, she can't fly; and though her booties allow her to walk on water, she can easily get pulled under the waves if knocked off her feet. This presents a problem, since she cant' swim well at all. Digivolutions planned to ultimate.
9. Mimimon - Vaccine attribute. Navigates via hearing, which is part of his mental training. He loves to fight physically despite being rather small and stumpy. Could very easily be the "leader" or the group, or at least try to be. Quite pigheaded and stubborn, but he means well. No digivolutions currently planned.
10. Nikolamon - Virus attribute. The darker spheres/tail tip/ear edges are made of metal, which he uses to create electricity; his name is based on Nikola Tesla. This digimon is the one who started it all for me and all these drawings. I originally was doing a quick mental questioning of what sort of digimon I'd have if I went to the digital world and how he'd challenge me. This jerk of a digimon was the result. He likes to play pranks and doesn't mind pushing others aside to get stuff done, the thought being that, though I think of myself as being a good leader, I nonetheless let others take the role whenever I can; Nikolamon would force me to reach out and take what I want for myself. At least I think it was something like that. Full digivolution set planned (baby through mega).
And... yeah. This was partly just to get my thoughts down on these ten guys, which has actually helped a lot; I now know that a couple of them really need some character development before I even consider using them, no matter how much I like their designs. Still, unlikely that I get to this fic anytime soon, if at all.